cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Externally shared Canvas power app works on browser but not on iOS app

Hi, I created a canvas power app that connects to some SharePoint lists.  I shared this with my external account to do some testing.  If I go to the web link on a browser it works fine.  However when I download the PowerApps app on my iPhone it doesn't work with the external account.  When I try to sign in it tells me to use my work or school account and gives me a session ID. 

The iOS PowerApps app does work with my regular work account and the app i created works fine as well, it's only when trying to sign to the iOS PowerApps app with my external account.

Any advice?

3 REPLIES 3
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Is your external account a Microsoft Account or a Work or School account from a different tenant?  I think you are seeing the experience as designed.  Guest users will access the Power App using a browser, since the app needs to be logged in to a tenant.  If your IOS client is logged in to a different tenant it might still work, but if its normally logged in to your tenant  it won't work with a different external user account.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

My external account is a Microsoft account, its a gmail address.  

I'm signed out of my regular work account on the iOS app and click on sign in and I make sure to enter my external microsoft account (gmail address) information.

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pcaldera ,

You have to use a work or school address to sign up PowerApps. 

Power Apps doesn't support email addresses provided by consumer email services or telecommunications providers, such as Gmail. This is why you cannot login ios client.

However, you can still get access to App in browser with you personal guest account, but notice that what you login is the shared App, not PowerApps.

This is by design, the only resolution for you is to change a work or school account

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (48,879)