cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atim

Extract Excel data from Power Apps Attachment

I am currently doing a research for this feature possibility.

There is a requirement to upload the generated excel file, and after the file is uploaded successfully to Power Apps, is it possible for Power Apps to extract the data from the uploaded excel file through Power Apps attachment control?

For example, the extracted data would be set on each respective text input field for every column.

Kindly advise.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @atim ,

I was answering your question from a PowerApps point of view, but I did some digging and this video may be of use if you have SharePoint as a backend. This is a Flow that can run regularly and update a SharePoint list.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @atim ,

If I am reading your requirements correctly, by "uploaded" you mean attached to an item using the attachment control? If so, the answer is no.

There are a couple of ways of connecting to "static" Excel sheets, one is to file them in OneDrive, format the area you need as a table and connect them as a data source using the OneDrive connector. The other is the Excel for Business connector which is a premium connector requiring a per-user licence. Neither however are controllable (as far as adding) bu a user.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Thank you @WarrenBelz for the advice.

Yup, I was trying to extract the data from the excel file that I attached to my attachment control in Microsoft Power Apps.

Somehow I am still trying to find any clues on how to extract the data from CSV/XLSX file.

Because the problem is, the system output is a generated CSV file, not a raw metadata that can directly inserted to my database table. Per day might generate 1 new CSV file, so I think to put it as a static file in my Onedrive might not be the solution.

Is there any advise to extract the data from this generated excel files (dynamically)?

Hi @atim ,

I was answering your question from a PowerApps point of view, but I did some digging and this video may be of use if you have SharePoint as a backend. This is a Flow that can run regularly and update a SharePoint list.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @atim ,

Did you find the solution to your above asked scenario?

sowmya234

Is your question answered?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

<
Users online (4,419)