cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kalana1985

Extract White Space on the embedded Canvas App on form

I have a Canvas App embedded on a custom entity in Dynamics 365. I have made the app custom size, in two lower environments, the app renders correctly according to my custom size. But the issue is, when moving up to a upper environment, suddenly on the form there are extract white spaces appeared with the app section below where I put all my controls. I tried different accounts in that environment, changing the size setting in that environment, and re-adding the embedded Canvas App field but issue still persist.

I have found a link on the community where others also encounter the same issue, but their solution is regarding a setting on the Security role to show on organizational level. But I am using a System Admin account, and the white space is still there for the System Admin account.

Below are the link I found:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps-Formerly/Embedded-Canvas-App-Extended-white-... 

If someone knows anything regarding this matter, please let me know, thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Extract White Space on the embedded Canvas App on form

Hi @kalana1985 ,

Do you mean that your embed canvas app has extra White Space?

Here's a doc about how to embed canvas app in model driven app, please refer this to see whether you made any mistake:

https://carldesouza.com/how-to-embed-a-canvas-app-in-a-model-driven-app-in-powerapps/

Have you tried all the solutions mentioned in the issue that you posted?

Please consider custom the screen size of a embedded canvas app, then re-publsih it, then check if the issue is solved.

Please consider turn off the "Scale to fit" option within "Screen size + orientation" settings of App settings, then re-publish your app, check if the issue is fixed.

What's more, based on the issue mentioned, security role may affect this problem.

Please check whether your security role has permission of "Customization -> Canvas App->read".

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

And the winner is...

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Features releasing from April 2020 through September 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,357)