cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Extract data from SP List into Html File

I've already began the process of extracting data from my sharepoint onto an html and csv file like to one see in the eample here.

I am having trouble extacting data when the data captured is somewhat similar to a multi-checkbox.  I want to pull the value from the array something similar to what is seen here

Does anyone know how to pull the information if there can more than one value?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to extract data from SP list into HTML file using PowerApps?

I assume that you use PowerApps to extract data from SP list into HTML File, is it true? If you generate an app from your SP list, the multi-value column (e.g. Choice type column, which enable multiple selections) would be decorated as a Combo box control within your app.

If you want to pull data from a Combo box control (enable multiple selections), you could consider take a try to concatenate these values within the Combo box control into a single one string value (using Concat function).

I have created a SP list as below:8.JPG

Note: The Category column is a Choice type column, which enables multiple selections option.

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:1.JPG

In order to pull data from above Combo box control (DataCardValue8) and concatenate these selected values into one tring value, please take a try with the following formula:

Concat(DataCardValue8.SelectedItems,Value&"|")

Note: The DataCardValue8 represents the Combo box control. 

More details about the Concat function in PowerApps, please check the following article:

Concat function

In addition, if you want to achieve your needs using Microsoft Flow, you must concatenate the multiple options within the Multiple value column (on my side, it is Category column) into one string value firstly. I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

Within the "Compose 2" action, type the following formula:

concat(items('Apply_to_each_2')?['Value'],' | ',variables('CategoryString'))

Within the "Compose" action, type the following json formula:

{
 "CourseName": @{item()?['CourseName']},
 "Teacher": @{item()?['Teacher']},
 "Category":@{variables('CategoryString')}
}

Within "Set variable 2" action, Value field set to null expression.

The flow works successfully as below:7.JPG

6.JPG

More details about using expression in flow actions, please check the following article:
https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/use-expressions-in-actions/

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to extract data from SP list into HTML file using PowerApps?

I assume that you use PowerApps to extract data from SP list into HTML File, is it true? If you generate an app from your SP list, the multi-value column (e.g. Choice type column, which enable multiple selections) would be decorated as a Combo box control within your app.

If you want to pull data from a Combo box control (enable multiple selections), you could consider take a try to concatenate these values within the Combo box control into a single one string value (using Concat function).

I have created a SP list as below:8.JPG

Note: The Category column is a Choice type column, which enables multiple selections option.

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:1.JPG

In order to pull data from above Combo box control (DataCardValue8) and concatenate these selected values into one tring value, please take a try with the following formula:

Concat(DataCardValue8.SelectedItems,Value&"|")

Note: The DataCardValue8 represents the Combo box control. 

More details about the Concat function in PowerApps, please check the following article:

Concat function

In addition, if you want to achieve your needs using Microsoft Flow, you must concatenate the multiple options within the Multiple value column (on my side, it is Category column) into one string value firstly. I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

Within the "Compose 2" action, type the following formula:

concat(items('Apply_to_each_2')?['Value'],' | ',variables('CategoryString'))

Within the "Compose" action, type the following json formula:

{
 "CourseName": @{item()?['CourseName']},
 "Teacher": @{item()?['Teacher']},
 "Category":@{variables('CategoryString')}
}

Within "Set variable 2" action, Value field set to null expression.

The flow works successfully as below:7.JPG

6.JPG

More details about using expression in flow actions, please check the following article:
https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/use-expressions-in-actions/

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am still having a little bit of trobule.  I nstead of it printing the valeus for the selected response, it will print every option available in the multi-select.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am still having a little bit of trobule.  I nstead of it printing the valeus for the selected response, it will print every option available in the multi-select.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,823)