cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper III
Helper III

Extract timestamp from text field

Hi All,

I am trying to achieve a small requirement, where in I have a text column which stores the comments of users. 

The comment column contains : Timestamp User name and comment and there can be multiple comments in that text field added by different users.

So, i want to extract the latest comment timestamp and check whether that timestamp is older than a week.

How can i achieve this condition.

My data source is SharePoint.

Thank you in advance!

Cheers.

4 REPLIES 4
Super User III
Super User III

Can you give a sample of how the structure of comments in the list looks like?

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

@eka24 this is how the structure looks like.

RV - 13/01/2021 10:26 - Comments.

JM - 14/01/2021 15:43 - 

Sometimes it can be a case that the Name - Date - is captured but comments are empty so we would want to capture the timestamp where comments are provided.

Super User III
Super User III

On the First part of Extraction Onvisible:

ClearCollect(Coll3,Sort(AddColumns(ProductsNew,"Extracted",Mid(dateColumn,5,17)),Extracted,Descending))

On the Second part which is a Conditions:

If(DateDiff(Today(),DateValue(First(Coll3).Extracted),Days)>7,true,false)

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

@eka24 i am able to extract the date part from the Comment History column but the only problem that is see is if we are going with position of text , the name might length might increase and extracted data might not be correct.
is it possible we can extract data between 2 special characters which are - , as the format of the text has Name - Date - Comments, so if we can capture the date between Name and comments that should work even if the Name length increases.

Also, there are multiple comments in Comments History column, how do we pick out last comment date?

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,243)