cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SectorOMEGA
Helper III
Helper III

Extracting single item form SharePoint

Looking for a little bit help how to achieve this if possible of course. I have a gallery that is showing my SP items, normal three line preview and a button which is extending the preview of the selected item in view form. What Im looking for is adding a button which can send me the selected item trough email via power automate as an attached file. What I cannot figure out is how to setup the button only for this file(Maybe I will need some help about the Powerautomate flow to select only this item) Thank you in advance for the help/

10 REPLIES 10
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @SectorOMEGA ,

What exactly do you mean by "sending the item as an attached file". This is simply a record from a data source.

It is easy enough to put it in a table in the body of an email (requires a bit of HTML coding) and send it, or email a CSV opened in Excel (needs a small Flow) but what format are you expecting the file to be in?

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Thanks for responding 🙂 I will create a flow which will do the following: Get the Selected Item by the user(Which is what I cannot get my head around), format it as html, than format it as pdf and finally send it to user who is currently using the app. 

@SectorOMEGA ,

You can do the same thing much easier simply putting the HTML in the body of the email straight from Power Apps (which is what I do regularly). Your approach is much more complex.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

SectorOMEGA
Helper III
Helper III

But Im a not limited to the place where I can add the button. As far as I know if I want to use the mail sent function for one item specifically I need to place the button on the same Form that I want to sent. In my case Im patching two forms as the sharepoitn list is quite big.

SectorOMEGA
Helper III
Helper III

@WarrenBelz Im going your way as you are right quite complex( Will continue to dig to find how however). Im trying this: Office365Outlook.SendEmail(User().Email, "Testing Subject", "Testing Body") as OnSelect Property of a button which works as it should be. However when I try to add HMLT format of the body it throws an error even is its put in "HTML Code" and on more question. How are you specifying the separate columns from the SP list in the HTM code?

@SectorOMEGA ,

You can place the button anywhere - you just refer to the form items by a LookUp on (for example) ID.

@SectorOMEGA ,

The easiest way to test your HTML is put it in a HTML text box - you can have this on another screen or hide it later. Once you are happy with its appearance, just send the box as the body of the email (BoxName.HtmlText). It also makes editing it later much easier. 

WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @SectorOMEGA ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Thanks for reaching out 🙂 Well not really, Im fighting with the code in order to get the needed info the record. Im placing the button in to gallery where Im viewing the items in the share point and Im tryin to make the code working with 'ThisItem.SPColumn' but no luck and looking for opitions with 'LookUp'

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (50,537)