cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

FILTER 2 COLUMNS AT THE SAME TIME

Hi,

I built gallery on oracle table and currently filtering on one column which  is a primary key. I would like my app to filter on 2 columns. double filtering on same table and 2 columns.

I tried using this and it does not work 

Filter('[POC].[VIATRM_BILLING]',StartsWith(PID,TextSearchBox1_1.Text) And EndsWith(PROGRAM_ID,TextSearchBox1_1.Text))

thanks,

yernenis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi @SINDUCHOW :

Do you want to search records based on this string?

The key is to use correct syntax. In the StartsWith function and EndsWith function, the first parameter should be the string to be tested, and the second parameter is the head/tail characters.

Please try this formula:

Filter('[POC].[VIATRM_BILLING]',StartsWith(TextSearchBox1_1.Text,PID) And EndsWith(TextSearchBox1_1.Text,PROGRAM_ID))

I think this link will help you a lot:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-startswith

Best Regards,

Bof

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@SINDUCHOW 

It appears you have already achieved this.  Are you having an issue?  Are you receiving errors?

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Highlighted

@mdevaney 

No issues but when I play it and filter, it does not give an out.

this is how my data looks 

SINDUCHOW_0-1600804268752.png

when I filter I use  first column and second combined and it gives no result. kindl suggest if I am missing something here

SINDUCHOW_1-1600804451907.png

Highlighted

Hi @SINDUCHOW :

Do you want to search records based on this string?

The key is to use correct syntax. In the StartsWith function and EndsWith function, the first parameter should be the string to be tested, and the second parameter is the head/tail characters.

Please try this formula:

Filter('[POC].[VIATRM_BILLING]',StartsWith(TextSearchBox1_1.Text,PID) And EndsWith(TextSearchBox1_1.Text,PROGRAM_ID))

I think this link will help you a lot:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-startswith

Best Regards,

Bof

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@v-bofeng-msft 

Thank you for your reply!!

It worked but shows delegation warning, do we need to make any more changes !!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,675)