cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

FTP Connection

Hello everyone,

I'm currently building a pretty simple Request Fro Information tracker. It takes in requests from people that have questions about jobs and stores the job number, request number, description and status of the RFI into a table in an excel file. Our company uses a shared drive called Citrix Sharefile, which functions very similarly to OneDrive, but we do not have to share any of the files to view them. Everyone has access to all files in the drive by default. This seemed like a better option for the RFI tracker because everyone would have access to edit the excel file without any extra work. Connecting the app to the server has proven to be a challenge though. Using the FTP connection, I entered all of the correct information for the server: address, my username and password, and the correct port.

The app will occasionally work, I will be able to add new requests, change the status of requests, and it all uploaded to the excel file correctly. Then, minutes later, I would try the same app with no changes on the same device, and I would get an error reading "The requested operation is invalid. Server Response: JobData_1 failed: Failed to read metadata from file source. Response from the end service is : An invalid request was made. Inspect the passed parameters and actions." JobData_1 being the table my data is stored in. Editing the app and removing/setting up the connection again sometimes fixes the issue, but not always. Wondering if there is a setting that I'm missing or something on the Sharefile end that needs correcting. Any help would be awesome!

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,578)