cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Facing issue "There was a problem saving your data. Name could be too long" on Patch

Hi Experts,

When app syncing offline data to SharePoint list (when user gets online), then I'm facing following error:

msalah_0-1607025316794.png

I'm saving data to SharePoint list from collection using ForAll and Patch statements to statement to upload data.

When user is online and data is saved to datasource (SharePoint List) directly then no such issue occurs. Any knowledge about the issue? Or any hint how I can debugg in best way?

Thanks a lot

2 REPLIES 2
Frequent Visitor

The issue still occurs with limited number of fields and reducing length of text fields to 250 (255 is the length of title field):

Title: Left(Title, 250),
Issue: Issue,
AssignedPerson: AssignedPerson,
TaskDueDate: TaskDueDate

Thanks in Advance.

@msalah 

From a PC, try playing your App - not preview-playing it in the Power Apps Editor - but by playing it for real i.e. getting a URL like

https://apps.powerapps.com/play/something...

by pressing the Play button on make.powerapps.com under Apps. 

Then, try pressing F12 on the keyboard.

Then, on the right, click the Console tab.

Then, try the operation again which triggers offline data to sync.

Does any error show up? If so, please share it here.

If not,

from same PC, please try all of the above again from the beginning, except press the Network Tab on the right this time instead of the Console tab, then do the operation again. A new line in the network tab should appear and it should be red, at the same time as your error message 'Name Could Be Too Long' shows up.. Highlight this and then share details what was the status code of the HTTP request, the return value of the HTTP request and anything else of note.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (84,933)