samsam
Advocate II
Advocate II

Fail to search and display SharePoint Item's Value

Hi, 

I have problem to search and display an item's value (string) in SharePoint

Attached the screen capture

Q6a.PNG

The column's name is "ML reference number", and I use the "ML_x0020_reference_x0020_number". 

But it said The specified column 'ML_x0020_reference_x0020_number' does not exist.

A similar script works fine when data course is an excel file in OneDrive

Text(Value(Right(First(SortByColumns(Search(Table2,Text("DC-")&Text(Today(),"[$-en-US]yyymmdd"),"ML_x0020_reference_x0020_number"),"ML_x0020_reference_x0020_number",Descending)).'ML reference number',2)+1),"[$-en-US]00")

However, if the script runs with SharePoint, it failed. 

Search('LG013-DataCenterVisitRequestLog',"DC-","ML_x0020_reference_x0020_number")

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Sam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hey @samsam 

This error is coming because the way of referring excel column is different from Sharepoint column. You need to update the expression as:
Text(Right(First(SortByColumns(Search('LG013-sdfhjsd',"DC","ML reference number"),ReferenceNumber,Descending)).ReferenceNumber,2),"[$-en-US]00")

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hey @samsam 

This error is coming because the way of referring excel column is different from Sharepoint column. You need to update the expression as:
Text(Right(First(SortByColumns(Search('LG013-sdfhjsd',"DC","ML reference number"),ReferenceNumber,Descending)).ReferenceNumber,2),"[$-en-US]00")

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

@yashag2255  Sorry that I didn't read you reply, because I was in holiday in last 10 days.

Thanks for the solution, it works great 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (31,503)