cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Failed to load Data from Onedrive for business to PowerApp

Hi all,

I hope you all are doing great. I am kind of new to PowerApps and I am experiencing a little issue withan app I just created.

I shared it with some people outside my organization but when they access it the ge the following message:

"Failed to Load [Table_Name]. the specified record was not found. Server Response: [Table_Name] failed: Failed to read metadata from file source...."

The Table_Name is within an Excel (.xlsb) on my Onedrive for Business. they have beend added as Guess in the Azure  Active Directory, I have shared with the both the folder location and file on Onedrives, as well as the App.

Any ideas what could be happening? Any help would be apprecaited.

Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Evanscope ,

Do you mean you shared the app with guest users which connects to tables in OneDrive for Business but users could not connect to data source in PowerApps?

If you do shared both the App and Excel worksheet in OneDrive for business with those users, please try:

1. Delete the connection in PowerApps then re-add it.
  2. Check if the file was opened or someone was editing through excel.

Since you have to share the worksheet with a total permission which allows reading and writing, there may be issues occur when users dealing with the file. We don’t recommend use files in cloud storage as data source based on the reason above especially when organization have lots of users.

For safety considerations of data, could you consider using other data base system as the data source of your app, such as SharePoint list or CDS?

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Evanscope ,

Do you mean you shared the app with guest users which connects to tables in OneDrive for Business but users could not connect to data source in PowerApps?

If you do shared both the App and Excel worksheet in OneDrive for business with those users, please try:

1. Delete the connection in PowerApps then re-add it.
  2. Check if the file was opened or someone was editing through excel.

Since you have to share the worksheet with a total permission which allows reading and writing, there may be issues occur when users dealing with the file. We don’t recommend use files in cloud storage as data source based on the reason above especially when organization have lots of users.

For safety considerations of data, could you consider using other data base system as the data source of your app, such as SharePoint list or CDS?

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,638)