I have a pretty simple app that collects info a text field and two date pickers and puts them into a collection that then patches an Excel file. I'm pretty new to PowerApps so I'm sure this is an error on my part but when users go to use the app, they see the following error on load. It goes away and they are then able to use the app. I did grant everyone in my org read/write access to the Excel doc in my OneDrive. Can anyone help me figure out what's happening?
Failed to load weeklydrawing. The specified record was not found. Server response: Failed to read metadata from file source. Response from the end service is : Not Found clientRequestId: 7c814a9c-adb5-4b59-8379-bfb281cf7063 serviceRequestId: 7c814a9c-adb5-4b59-8379-bfb281cf7063;7c814a9c-adb5-4b59-8379-bfb281cf7063
This shouldn't happen. If they login using their own OneDrive account when open this app the first time, and you didn't share the file with them, even though they have the Can Use permission of the app, they should not be able to see the data from OneDrive. Users who aren't given the sharing permissions won't see the data in the Excel file. We have documentation about this:
Did you make sure that the users are using their own account to access OneDrive connection?
@v-monli-msft Yes, users are using their own OneDrive but the file lives in my OneDrive and it is shared with everyone in my org. I have even asked a few users and they can open and edit the file in my OneDrive.
When users open the app, it prompts them to accept permissions to allow the app access to their OneDrive and Outlook (since it has an email component).
I am having this exact issue. Were you ever able to find a solution Memsim? It seems to work fine when I share it with my org in Google Drive - but due to some other limitations it needs to be in OneDrive and that's where my issue crops up with loading the table.
The video doesnt discuss data source permissions.
I have granted O365 users edit rights to my data source OneDrive Excel file. The are users in PowerApps, but receive the "Failed to read metadata from file source. Response from the end service is : Not Found"
Any ideas what I am missing?
In my case, it turned out to be my orgs security policies were higher-priority than my own. E.G., I allowed Stan Smith access but XXXX Company hasn't granted access, so it's denied thus causing the end user to not be able to interface with the data source.
I got around this by having my form submit to a Sharepoint List in place of an Excel file located in OneDrive. Hopefully that helps you out @jmill130.
Read the announcement for more information!
Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.
Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020
Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications