Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
memsim1010
Level: Powered On

Failed to load table error

Hello,

I have a pretty simple app that collects info a text field and two date pickers and puts them into a collection that then patches an Excel file.   I'm pretty new to PowerApps so I'm sure this is an error on my part but when users go to use the app, they see the following error on load.  It goes away and they are then able to use the app.  I did grant everyone in my org read/write access to the Excel doc in my OneDrive.  Can anyone help me figure out what's happening?

Failed to load weeklydrawing. The specified record was not found. Server response: Failed to read metadata from file source. Response from the end service is : Not Found clientRequestId: 7c814a9c-adb5-4b59-8379-bfb281cf7063 serviceRequestId: 7c814a9c-adb5-4b59-8379-bfb281cf7063;7c814a9c-adb5-4b59-8379-bfb281cf7063

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Failed to load table error

Hi @memsim1010,

This shouldn't happen. If they login using their own OneDrive account when open this app the first time, and you didn't share the file with them, even though they have the Can Use permission of the app, they should not be able to see the data from OneDrive. Users who aren't given the sharing permissions won't see the data in the Excel file. We have documentation about this:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/share-app-data

Did you make sure that the users are using their own account to access OneDrive connection? 

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
memsim1010
Level: Powered On

@v-monli-msft Yes, users are using their own OneDrive but the file lives in my OneDrive and it is shared with everyone in my org.  I have even asked a few users and they can open and edit the file in my OneDrive.   

When users open the app, it prompts them to accept permissions to allow the app access to their OneDrive and Outlook (since it has an email component).

Andrew-
Level: Power Up

I am having this exact issue. Were you ever able to find a solution Memsim? It seems to work fine when I share it with my org in Google Drive - but due to some other limitations it needs to be in OneDrive and that's where my issue crops up with loading the table.

TopShelf-MSFT
Level 10

Hi @Andrew- thank you for posting in this thread. 

i did find a video by Shane Young that dives into OneDrive and Excel. I will include the link below. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Z_13J02RPU 

Let me know if this helps. If it does not, I will research further. 

@TopShelf-MSFT

jmill130

The video doesnt discuss data source permissions.

I have granted O365 users edit rights to my data source OneDrive Excel file. The are users in PowerApps, but receive the "Failed to read metadata from file source. Response from the end service is : Not Found"

Any ideas what I am missing?

Andrew-

In my case, it turned out to be my orgs security policies were higher-priority than my own. E.G., I allowed Stan Smith access but XXXX Company hasn't granted access, so it's denied thus causing the end user to not be able to interface with the data source.

I got around this by having my form submit to a Sharepoint List in place of an Excel file located in OneDrive. Hopefully that helps you out @jmill130.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,571)