cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Falling at the first hurdle - cannot create new App

I am trying to create a simple App which pulls data from a SharePoint Online list but I keep getting an Access Denied error.

I am using PowerApps on my own PC and trying to connect to our corporate Office 365 tenancy. I can connect perfectly OK to SharePoint with a browser. But when I try to create a new App, I add a new SharePoint Connector, type in the URL of the SharePoint site but I get "Access denied. You do not have permission to perform this action or acces this resource." I've tried with two SP sites, for each of which I'm the Site Collection Administrator, so I *should* have access.

If I click "Connections" in PowerApps it lists the CDM connection and the SharePoint connection displaying my normal account. Both connectors say they are connected.

Can someone please suggest what is going wrong?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Rob_Webb,

Which account did you use to sign in PowerApps.com or PowerApps studio? The account you are using to sign in PowerApps should be the same with your SharePoint Online.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi  MabelMao

I am using the same account to sign in to Power Apps as I use to access Office 365 / SharePoint online.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm still unable to create Apps  😞

When I try to connect to a SharePoint site (for which I'm the Site Collection Administrator) I get this error:

Capture.PNG

I also cannot create Flows. When I try I get the same error as in this thread in the Flow forum.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Forum/Flow-running-ok-two-weeks-ago-is-failing-now-Sharepoi...

I'd be grateful for some help here.

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

In case anyone is interested (probably not, but you never know) since this morning both PowerApps and Flow have suddenly started to work with our SharePoint OnLine tenancy. No idea why but I assume something's change because of Powerapps/Flow going into production.

Smiley Happy

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,464)