Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jsharkey
Helper II
Helper II

False Error message on required field

I have a field StartDate that is not required in my list: 

I also have a powerapps form that creates a new incomplete list item as soon as the app is started using the patch function.

This patch function results in an error complaining that the field is required, but it is not required. 

Jsharkey_1-1597959559159.png

I recently just changed the field to be not required... is there a sync issue? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@Jsharkey 
Yes there could be a caching issue.  Clear your browser cache (e.g. history, cookies, etc). This happens to me all the time.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@Jsharkey 
Yes there could be a caching issue.  Clear your browser cache (e.g. history, cookies, etc). This happens to me all the time.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Also, to add to what @mdevaney said, one thing I have experienced with a few SharePoint column changes is that it's sometimes best to remove the data source and add it back. Anyways, definitely not a SharePoint pro like @mdevaney, was just curious to see if this step is needed to solve for this. 

Thanks,

Hardit Bhatia

@PowerAddict 

Thanks for the additional tips @PowerAddict!  Yes, removing or refreshing the datasource would be a great next step!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,419)