cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post Patron
Post Patron

False errors?

I think I'm getting some false positive errors in the code for some of my buttons.  The code for each button is similar to the other so I'll just post the code for one of the buttons.

UpdateContext({var_RejectReqID: RequestReviewGallery.Selected.ID, var_RejectReqEmail: Text(RequestReviewGallery.Selected.'Created By'.Email),
var_RejectReqDisplayName: Text(RequestReviewGallery.Selected.'Created By'.DisplayName)})

For the var_RejectReqEmail, specifically the "'created by'.Email" portion, it gives me an error saying "Name isn't valid. This identifier isn't recognized. This error appears most commonly when a formula refers to something that no longer exists (for example, a control the you've deleted)."

For the var_RejectReqDisplayName, specifically the "'Created By'.DisplayName" part, it gives me an error saying "Invalid use of '.'".

I find these errors very confusing because as I type the values for each of these variables, the options for 'Created By' and Email and DisplayName all show up in the auto-suggestions.  So the app obviously 'sees' them.

Even more confusing, if you were to edit the code (ie remove a character and re-add it), it clears the error.  If you then preview the app and click on the button, the button works!  If you think, "Great! It works, I'll save it!", and save (and publish) the app; it won't work live because the app still thinks something is wrong (see above errors).  Please help! It is getting extremely frustrating.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (27,166)