cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yogesh_Gupta
Microsoft
Microsoft

Feedback thread for Ratings for Power Apps (preview)

We are excited to announce the public preview of "Ratings for Power Apps", a new feature to help you view feedback and ratings of your apps from your actual users!

We will start the roll out from July 4 and will be available worldwide by July 7, 2022. Please share your thoughts, ideas and feedback for Ratings (Preview) in the thread below.

11 REPLIES 11
Yogesh_Gupta
Microsoft
Microsoft
CoffeeWithCloud
Frequent Visitor

Have you considered manually sending such a survey to app users? E.g. using Power Automate. It is very easy for me to imagine a situation where we need to collect feedback from users before a major update, and moments after. For such an operation we need the ability to control the moments of sending surveys

HenryJammes
Microsoft
Microsoft

Great feature - this will definitely help makers create better apps and improve the feedback loop with the end-users.

One potential issue I see is the adoption of that feature by enterprise customers. In a secure setup, almost no one has an administrator or maker role in production (service principal accounts are used to deploy solutions to prod, and admin roles are eventually granted in a just-in-time manner if a specific action or troubleshooting is required on the environment).

So, in such setups, how would makers or business leads access the Ratings dashboard?

I'm guessing the only workaround is to grant these users a read access on the User Rating table, and build a custom Power BI report to create a similar dashboard for these users.

Thank you for the suggestion. We are currently looking on how can we provide more control to makers for feedback surveys. Enabling more control may come with privacy and security risks in case a user ends up sharing identifiable and personal information. Also, we try to align with 90 days cool off period for one product/app so that the feedback provided is meaningful and users don't get overwhelmed with recurring surveys.  We are exploring on ways to provide more granular control to our makers with the existing safeguards we have for capturing feedbacks.

That is spot on Henry! System administrators can provide access on the underlying entity called "user rating". This will enable other roles to view ratings. Administrators can also create PowerBI dashboards through TDS endpoints for dataverse and share them across with users who don't have access to production environment.

nicowe

Any plans for Canvas Apps too? 

Coming soon! 🤞

HSheild
Super User
Super User

I think this is a great feature.

The pop-up prompt is very generic in that it says "Microsoft wants your feedback".  I wonder how many users will click the x and close the prompt without providing feedback as they don't realise that the feedback will be seen by their local IT team?  It will be interesting to see how much engagement there is.  

Are there any plans to provide the ability to configure the text on the prompt?  So that it can be a bit more personal?

e.g. "XYZ Org wants your feedback"

BeshoyNagib1
Regular Visitor

Thank you so much, this is really a nice feature. Just looking forward for some flexibility of personalization/customization on the dialog e.g. modifying the title, question, answers and adding a personalized icon.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (15,296)