cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Fetch Attachments from Sharepoint List

Is there a way to display and download attachemtns from a sharepoint list in a gallery based on the sharepoint ID number?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Erikjn ,

It can be known that the type of Attachments is table, because multiple attachments can be stored in it. That means you cannot bind the attachments to a single image control, but certainly you can show the attachment(s) of a selected record, in a new gallery. Then use Download function to download attachemtns

Follow my example below:

1- Create one gallery for your SharePoint list, and create another gallery for your SharePointt attachments. align these two galleries side by side, or however you like to design your form.

2- Change the Item property of your second gallery to firstGalery.Selected.Attachments

3- Set the OnSelect property of second gallery as Download(ThisItem.AbsoluteUri)

Annotation 2019-10-24 155558.png

Best regards,

Sik

If this post helps, then please click on “Accept as Solution”  to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Sik,

So I implemented what you had shown and it works great, but I would like to be able to on selected the "Down Arrow" to the next Row Item for the Attachment to also update per row number.  Is that possible?

So far I can not get the attachment to change?

Thanks @Erikjn 

Annotation 2019-10-28 114222.pngAnnotation 2019-10-28 114133.png

Highlighted

Hi @Erikjn ,

What does the " for the Attachment to also update per row number" mean?

If you want to change the attachment, you can use EDIT Form to attach/remove attachments, and use SubmitForm function to save the change.

1. Add a EditForm , set Field to Attachments

2. Set Items property of EditForm as below

Gallery1.Selected

3. Add a 'Submit' button, set OnSelect property as below

SubmitForm(Form1)

Annotation 2019-10-29 164902.png

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Sik

Highlighted

Hi Erikjn,

If I understand correctly, you want to display the attachments of selected item/row when you click on up/down arrow.

Since you have already implemented the logic to show attachments for selected item/row on click of "right row", you need to add same code for "On Select" property of your up/down arrow along with other code you have.

Hope it helps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,798)