cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adwoody

Fetch GUID of Currently Selected Gallery Item

This seems like it should be very straight forward, but I can't find any resources to help with it.

I have a page in the app (canvas) showing a record in a form (FormViewScreen), this is the record selected in a gallery in a previous screen, so the item is simply "Gallery1.Selected".

I have set up a Flow (ApptoEmail) with hopes of getting the info from this screen, and doing a mail-merge-type email, the button to start this flow is on the same screen (FormViewScreen). I need to pass the GUID of the item with the button to Flow.

I should say the items are recorded in Dataverse/CDS

However, I can't figure out how to get the GUID of "Gallery1.Selected", I thought it may be as simple as something "Gallery1. Selected, ApptoEmail.Run(GUID()) or even ApptoEmail.Run(GUID(Gallery1.Selected)) but neither of these return the GUID to Flow.

I anyone able to suggest the correct way to do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-JessicaG-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @adwoody ,

You could view the column name where the GUID are stored in the Dataverse table.  GUID format you could refer to this link : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/dataverse/get-row-id

vJessicaGmsft_0-1643353216514.png

vJessicaGmsft_2-1643353540291.png

vJessicaGmsft_3-1643353554591.png

Best Regards,

Jessica Gu

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-JessicaG-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @adwoody ,

You could view the column name where the GUID are stored in the Dataverse table.  GUID format you could refer to this link : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/dataverse/get-row-id

vJessicaGmsft_0-1643353216514.png

vJessicaGmsft_2-1643353540291.png

vJessicaGmsft_3-1643353554591.png

Best Regards,

Jessica Gu

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,607)