cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Octar
Regular Visitor

Fewer Labels in Line Graph?

I started using PowerApps two days ago, I think I'm starting to figure some stuff out but I could use some help.

Is there a way to change the amount of labels on a line graph?

For example my line graph could have 10 data points of 1000 data points, is there a way to only ever display a fixed number of labels to prevent overcrowding?

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rubin_boer
Super User
Super User

hi @Octar 

I am not aware that PowerApps can do that out of the boc byut maybe some of the other members can add to that. What i do is set the gridstyle to YOnly

rubin_boer_1-1613923002397.png

Then i add three labels or five depend on how many i need. i place the label on the beginning middle and end of the charts x

rubin_boer_0-1613922945559.png

Value 1= the first item i wish to show e.g. the first date, in my case the first value as First(_Chart).Name , chart being my datasource and name the column , value 3 will be the last value in the selection Last(_Chart).Name and the middle will be Last(FirstN(_Chart,CountRows(_Chart)/2)).Name. these three value give a good indication of the X axis.

Hope this helps 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
rubin_boer
Super User
Super User

hi @Octar 

I am not aware that PowerApps can do that out of the boc byut maybe some of the other members can add to that. What i do is set the gridstyle to YOnly

rubin_boer_1-1613923002397.png

Then i add three labels or five depend on how many i need. i place the label on the beginning middle and end of the charts x

rubin_boer_0-1613922945559.png

Value 1= the first item i wish to show e.g. the first date, in my case the first value as First(_Chart).Name , chart being my datasource and name the column , value 3 will be the last value in the selection Last(_Chart).Name and the middle will be Last(FirstN(_Chart,CountRows(_Chart)/2)).Name. these three value give a good indication of the X axis.

Hope this helps 

That's terrific! Thank you so much for your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,640)