cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
designAV Helper I
Helper I

Field displaying incorrectly

Hi, I have an Excel based app. All fields are displaying correctly, apart from one. The field is "Supplier", which should be the name of a company. However, on the Fields pane to the right, the "Supplier" card is marked with "123", instead of "abc", as it should be. Therefore, on the app itself, "Supplier" returns a vlue of "0". There is some text saying "To edit this card, go to advanced options", but I can't see anything obvious as to how it can be changed. Thanks

Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 14.43.29.png

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Field displaying incorrectly

Hi @designAV,

What is the format in Excel of this column? Please check if there is any setting different from other columns.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
designAV Helper I
Helper I

Thanks Mona, yes the column is set up in Excel the same as the others. In Excel, it is displaying the colunn correctly as text. In PowerApps, the title of the column appears, but all fields read "0". 

Jason_Hough Resolver I
Resolver I

Find the padlock icon and unlock the cell in powerapps and you should be able to change the type. 

designAV Helper I
Helper I

Thanks @Jason_Hough, I've unlocked it but what do I need to alter? Please see below. 

Screen Shot 2017-09-05 at 16.36.10.png

Jason_Hough Resolver I
Resolver I

have a look in data - your deffo on the right track. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,002)