Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Field position based on another field

Hi,

I have the following problem:

Screen2.JPG

I have this Sharepoint list. Now I would like to add a dividing header ( as you can see in the screenshot named "CC/Inside Sales tölti ki") which separates the fields from each other. 

Right now, there is an actual field behind that header (Component) and I just moved this header on top of it, so it covers the field. The problem is, when I open up the form from Sharepoint, this header sometimes moves away a bit, and part of the field behind is displayed, which doesn't look professional. 

So my questions are:

1) Is there any other way to insert a separating Header between certain rows of fields?

2) If not, I can go with this idea that I used, but then I would like to set the position of the Header the same, as the position of the field behind it, therefore I assume it will not move. 

I hope I explained well.

Thanks

Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@McElroy15 ,

Add a custom card and set the width to the same as the form. Put it in the order required and then put a label inside it with your heading.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi @McElroy15 

not sure if I understand your issue correctly but if you want to define the position of an element "B" based on the size of another element "A" you can use the Width and Height properties of element A in the X and Y properties of element B

Example: "Field_B" should be positioned right below "Field_A":

Y property of Field_B:

Y = Field_A.Y + Field_A.Height

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@McElroy15 ,

Add a custom card and set the width to the same as the form. Put it in the order required and then put a label inside it with your heading.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi @McElroy15 ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Highlighted

Hi WarrenBelz,

Yeah, that did it, thanks a lot for the help! 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,193)