cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shanemeisner
Helper V
Helper V

Field value doesn't show correct value after Automate updates it without a Ctrl+F5

We have a customized SharePoint form and the Status field on new items is set to Draft.
There is then an Automate running that checks multiple fields and, depending on what was selected, updates the Status field to the correct approval level. This all works great and in the view itself I can see the Status was updated.

But, if I created the item and open it after the automation has completed, the Status field still shows "Draft" and therefore the fields that will show up depending on the new status do not show.
Here is a screenshot of the FormStatus field value which shows "Draft" in the item... and the View that shows that it is actually "Distributor Services Approver":
statusafterflow.png

If I do a Ctrl+F5 and then open the item everything is correct...
Looking to see if there is a "Automatic" way to get this to clear and show correctly so I don't have to tell the users how to get it to work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EricLott
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

You can add a Refresh() function to your code so that instead of CTRL + F5, you just refresh the data source. Check it out here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-refresh

---
If this answered your question, please click "Accept Solution". If this helped, please Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
EricLott
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

You can add a Refresh() function to your code so that instead of CTRL + F5, you just refresh the data source. Check it out here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-refresh

---
If this answered your question, please click "Accept Solution". If this helped, please Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@shanemeisner 

I also have the same issue, if I changed the field in the SP custom form and save it, the list item shows correctly, but the custom form still shows the original value. It seems a synchronization error.

If there is any update to this issue, I will post back.

Snipaste_2020-01-16_14-56-05.png

Sik

Thanks @EricLott  .. 

@v-siky-msft  .....

Took me a bit to figure out where to add the Refresh (datasource) command so adding that information here for others that run into this issue.

Under SharePointIntegration, for OnEdit and OnView, I added the Refresh(SP List):

OnEdit = Refresh('Vendor Forms'); EditForm(SharePointForm1) 
OnView = Refresh('Vendor Forms'); ViewForm(SharePointForm1)

shanemeisner
Helper V
Helper V

@EricLott @v-siky-msft 

It seems this didn't completely fix the issue.. and after testing it looks to be an issue with Modern View. 
I was editing forms for testing.. In Modern view, if I edit one form and save, then go to the next form in the view and edit it, even though it shows me the correct Request Number" all other fields are data from the previous form that I edited.

If I manually refresh the view before editing the next form then it works as it should.

I switched to Classic view and went through the same steps and everything works without needing to refresh the view.

Might be time to open an incident with Microsoft on this one unless someone else has any other ideas?

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Power Apps Community Call Jan. 2022 768x460.png

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, January 19th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,553)