cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djreyes1110
Helper V
Helper V

Field visible to only few users

Hello, how can I make a field only visible to 10 people? Do I need to create a contact list basing on their email address?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
zmorek
Super User
Super User

Try something like this instead:

If(!IsBlank(LookUp(AccessControl, Title = User().Email)), Set(varuseremail, true)

I'm assuming the Title column is where the user's email is stored? Watch your syntax, too; there's some parenthesis in the wrong spot.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
zmorek
Super User
Super User

That's one way to do it, and it's more manageable if that list of 10 people changes frequently (as opposed to hard-coding it into a formula). There's lots of ways to accomplish this!

Add the users to a list with their emails, then you can do something OnAppStart that sets a variable based on the current user:

If(CountRows(Filter(ListName, User().Email=EmailColumn))>0, Set(varVisible, true))

Then set the Visible property of that field equal to varVisible.

Im getting an error. My formula is below:

!IsBlank(LookUp(AccessControl, Title = varuseremail).Title), Set(varuseremail), true))

Please help!

zmorek
Super User
Super User

Try something like this instead:

If(!IsBlank(LookUp(AccessControl, Title = User().Email)), Set(varuseremail, true)

I'm assuming the Title column is where the user's email is stored? Watch your syntax, too; there's some parenthesis in the wrong spot.

Thank you! 

I need to add this formula ONSTART right: If(!IsBlank(LookUp(AccessControl, Title = User().Email)), Set(varuseremail, true)

Then on the field that I would like to be visible to few people i need to add varuseremail under variable?

Which I did but still the field is still visible and theres no error message.

I got it! Thank you! my variable had a problem!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,077)