cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
szybak
Regular Visitor

Fields are visible based on previous item entered

I have created a PowerApp from a SharePoint list with yes/no columns. The columns are main fields and subfields, where I created If statements in the subfield based on the main field being selected... For example, the main fields are 1, 2, 3, 4, 5... and then there are subfields 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, etc. which are only visible if the main field is selected. I've already added If statements under each subfield to only be visible if the main field is selected and they all work when testing the app but then whenever I create a new item, it shows the fields from the last item entered into the list. 

In the picture attached, you can see that I just created a new item but the previous item that was entered had field 3 selected so all of the subfields under field 3 are already visible even though field 3 hasn't been selected for the new item yet.... How do I make sure everything has been reset between items to get rid of this "artifact" left over from the previous item??

2 REPLIES 2
Paulo_VS
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi Guy,

In the previous screen, try to put a function on the "OnVisible" that resets the values
example: Reset (ComboBoxTest)
               Reset(TextLabel)
              Reset(ComboBox2)
Or when the button send is clicked try put the Reset on end expression

I'm not sure where I would do that because this is a single screen app created from a SharePoint list.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,545)