cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cooper01
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Fields not resolving when patching multiple records at once

I have a collection of items I'd like to patch to a Dataverse table. I am trying to patch them all at once instead of using ForEach to increase performance. This is what the statement looks like:

Collect(
    'Order Products',
    AddColumns(
        colRequestedItems,
        "cra00_requestedby",
        gblCurrentUserRecord,
        "cra00_order",
        locSelectedOrder.OrderID
    )
)

The collection already includes a column with the schema name of another column in the Order Products table, cra00_productname which is a text field. cra00_requestedby is a lookup field to User and cra00_order is text field. Requested By and Order columns are supposed to be the same for all items being patched, which is why I'm using AddColumns instead of adding it to the collection.

The warning I am getting is in the AddColumns section. It says "The specified column 'cra00_requestedby' does not exist. The column with the most similar name is 'Requested By'". cra00_requestedby is the schema/internal name of the table in CDS while Requested By is the display name. I also tried to change it to use the display names in AddColumns, as referenced in the warning message. This just changes the error message to "The specified column 'Requested By' does not exist. The column with the most similar name is 'Requested By'". I can get similar message to surface if I delete the Requested By portion on the Order column.

The strange thing is that since this is just a warning, I tried it anyway. The Order will patch as expected but the Requested By will not, that column is just blank for the new records. There are no errors when clicking the button through the studio.

Anyone know what the actual issue is here?

10 REPLIES 10
Cooper01
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Thanks again @v-jefferni . The blog gave me enough background to understand the logic in the solution. Really appreciate your help and patience with this!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,271)