cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JaredH
Frequent Visitor

Fields properties shows 'Edit' instead of 'Edit Fields' - Cannot add/remove fields

Hello, I'm new to Power Apps so I might be overlooking something simple or obvious. 

I recently built my first app based on SharePoint Lists, which went rather well, but I have into a problem where some items (i.e., gallery) no longer allows me to add/remove fields in the Properties pane.  The option has changed to simply "Edit" and when clicked, I'm given a "Data" slide-out pane that appears to operate on discrete elements within the currently selected item.  

At first, I thought perhaps the List and the PowerApp were out of sync, because I had added a new column to one of the lists after building the app, but refreshing the data has no apparent effect.  Even items that use the same List that still allow me to add/remove fields, I do not see the newly added column.

This first image shows the normal "Edit Fields" option.  Note the assigned data is 'Onboarding'.

Normal 'Edit fields' in PropertiesNormal 'Edit fields' in Properties

The second image shows a different 'Edit' option that opens a 'Data' pane.  The assigned data is the same, but is being filtered.

'Edit' option that opens a Data pane'Edit' option that opens a Data pane

Any ideas what could be going on here?  I really everyone's knowledge and insight.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@JaredH 

The difference is that in the first screenshot, you are editing a form.  In the second one, you are editing a gallery.  They are entirely different controls.  A gallery shows many records while a form only shows the fields in a single record.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@JaredH 

The difference is that in the first screenshot, you are editing a form.  In the second one, you are editing a gallery.  They are entirely different controls.  A gallery shows many records while a form only shows the fields in a single record.

View solution in original post

JaredH
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Drrickryp , thanks for the reply.  That makes sense.  Do I understand correctly that a Gallery assumes access to all fields where a Form requires an explicit declaration of which fields are required?

Full disclosure, all of this confusion on my part was caused by trying to include a column I added to a SharePoint list.  It turns out, the type of column I added (image) is not currently supported in Power Apps.  I've since transitioned to using the "Link or Picture" column type and everything is working as expected.  Thanks again for your assistance.

Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@JaredH 

You are precisely right about galley and forms.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,805)