cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AMannan

File Attachment Functionality With On Premises SQL Server in PowerApps

Hello everyone,

I had a requirement that using On Premises SQL server i want the attachment functionality in PowerApps edit form so that i can attach any file such as Pdf,Word,excel etc and stored it in SQL table and display against the same record whenever i browse the app.

After doing alot of research i didn't find a way to do this except for storing and displaying image as it is the only supported feature with On premises SQL server. I also found that Sharepoint has a functionality to attach any file with records and it can also integrate with powerapps but i want to use both SQL and Sharepoint in the app.

Is it possible to save file on Sharepoint and its public URL in SQL table record so that whenever i open the app and browse for that record considering sql as datasource, it should load the attachment from sharepoint through that public URL?

10 REPLIES 10

The challenge is that the customers have their existing ecosystems with their databases etc. where one must adapt to. I, as a cosultant, am using PowerApps to implement small scale apps for them to run spesific tasks in their processes. Sometimes this leads to a situation where i just can't use the best PA practices. I really like PA and it's very cost and time effective, but i think that Microsoft should generally put a bit more efforts to develope it further.

BTW:   Shane, thanks for the great Zebra-videos! For example using a varchar to save image in PA really made difference.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (83,593)