Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

File System Connector

Hey everyone,

I have created a Flow which creates some documents and stores them in a folder on an Azure machine (using the on-premise gateway).

Everything works fine as long as I use the accompanying PowerApp which triggers the flow.

If another user opens the App they get the prompt as usual (for the connections) but they also have to enter information for the File System connector.

image.png

Why isn't this info saved from the connector? Don't think anyone would share login information for their servers with users. But even if I would, I can't select the on-premise-gateway in the dialog as I did while setting up the connector in Flow.

image.png

Does anyone have an idea how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: File System Connector

Hi @Sevket ,

So far when sharing Flows, you can only share them either by adding users as co-owners or (for manual flows only) run-only users. As co-owners, they have full edit permissions for the flow. As run-only users of manual flows, they can only run the flow. In order to Add a list as run-only user is your Flow needs to connect to one or more SharePoint lists, and, be triggered manually.

So generally,  the only way to share this flow with your users might be to add them as the co-owners. After this, the connectors should be not asking for any authentication when they run it. Did you mean that even after you shared the flow with the co-owners, then still get this window open?

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: File System Connector

This is just another frustrating shortcoming of this immature platform. It really shouldn't be this difficult. I should be able to save the login information in my File System connector so that when I deploy the PowerApp application, it is seamless to the user. It should be as easy as sharing just the PowerApp application with my users. I shouldn't have to also share the Flow that is associated with it -- I certainly shouldn't have to give the user ownership privileges to my Flow. And, I shouldn't have to share the credentials to the file share with the user.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,551)