cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kudo Commander
Kudo Commander

File and Image Control in UCI Model-Driven Apps for the Web

My first impression of the preview release of File and Image (with annotations) support in UCI model-driven web applications is pretty good.

Full details: https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/preview-release-of-file-and-image-with-annotations-suppor...

The basic functionalities (such as upload, download, delete) work pretty well. The image preview can be expanded to full-screen dialogue window.

The annotation functionality in image control is also interesting. There are 4 things you can do with the uploaded image 

1. Pen
  2. Highlighter
  3. Crop
  4. Rotate

with Undo action and 5 colours for Pen and Highlighter.

While annotating the image, I found that the updated image is uploaded to the record each time on every MouseUp event. I guess that is how the control works to prevent data loss but during the process, the information notification "Uploading an image to <field name>." show. That causes a bit of change in the position of the image because the notification bar pushes down the window. Sometimes, that is not a smooth experience to annotate especially when it involves a lot of mouse clicks.

Other nice to have features

• Additional colours (especially yellow for highlighter)
  • Option to change the size of the tip (for pen and highlighter)

File and Image Controls.png

@LanceDelano 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi,

Thanks for your post on our file and image control system. I am glad that you like the software so far. It looks like you have some great idea's for this so I just wanted to add in a link to our idea's form where you can make suggestions for our products. Feel free to take a look and submit your idea there.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Regards,

Alex

-------

Community Support Team _ Alex Rezac
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Thanks for the great feedback! I'm glad you enjoy the feature, we were super excited to release it to users to enhance their apps. We will make sure to review your suggestions.

Highlighted

Just tried the image control editor for another time today.

I am impressed with the change of the pointer size for the highlighter. 😄

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,972)