cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kosuke_U
Regular Visitor

File capacity limit in the attachment control of the canvas app

Hey guys

I'm creating a canvas app that registers attachments in a SharePoint list.

I recognize that the maximum size of attachments in the SharePoint list is 250MB per file.

However, if I attach a file of about 100MB or more to the attachment control of the canvas app and submit it, the file disappears and I cannot register it in SharePoint. (The "Max Attachment Size" property of the canvas app is set to 250MB.)

How can I register a file larger than 100MB from the attachment control of the canvas app?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StalinPonnusamy
Super User
Super User

Hi @Kosuke_U 

I tested with multiple file attachments. I'm able to attach up to 60 MB but failed to upload 75 MB more. It seems Microsoft removed the 50 MB limit for sure. But still having issues uploading large files.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
StalinPonnusamy
Super User
Super User

Hi @Kosuke_U 

From my understanding, in Canvas App, the file attachment size is 50 MB only. By default, it's 10 MB and configurable to max 50 MB.

Even though SharePoint attachment size is 250MB but canvas app supports only 50. It doesn't say if we configure to 250.

Thanks,
Stalin - Learn To Illuminate

Kosuke_U
Regular Visitor

Hi @StalinPonnusamy 

Thank you for your reply!

Can you tell me if there is a source for information on the maximum size of attachments in the canvas app?

kosuke_U

StalinPonnusamy
Super User
Super User

Hi @Kosuke_U 

I was searching Microsoft official documentation for this. Looks like Last June Microsoft removed the limit of 50MB from version 3.21064. Good to know.

StalinPonnusamy_0-1643635600459.png

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/released-versions/powerapps-studio-players/3.21064

Idea submitted from Users that was completed

Thanks,
Stalin - Learn To Illuminate

StalinPonnusamy
Super User
Super User

Hi @Kosuke_U 

I tested with multiple file attachments. I'm able to attach up to 60 MB but failed to upload 75 MB more. It seems Microsoft removed the 50 MB limit for sure. But still having issues uploading large files.

Hi @StalinPonnusamy 

Thank you for investigating!
I have recognized that attachments to files larger than 50MB have been published in official documents.

However, I don't think the file size limit has been announced in official documents.

I also recognized that the maximum size of attached files may differ depending on the tenant and network conditions (?).
I will build the app with this in mind.

Thanks,

Hi @Kosuke_U ,

I found the latest attachment file size limit of 94 MB in Power Apps Ideas in the Power apps forum, I'm afraid it won't do what you want right now. But you can vote on the URL below.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/When-attaching-file-from-PowerApps-to-SharePoin...

Our  product team has direct visibility of these ideas and they will implement it on the basis of the highest number of votes received. 

Best Regards,

Jessica Gu

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,264)