cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Fill Drop-Down List from Table2 Column and store the selected value in Table1 Column

Hi community,

I am new to Power Apps, I tried to create a Canvas App based on the below Excel file which I have to OneDrive

post001_excel content.png

(the excel file has two sheets, Details which displays the current location of an agent, and City which will be used to edit that location)

I connected the both tables to Power Apps 

post001_connected tables.png

The problem I am facing is that I get empty values when I change the DataCard type (Details-city) to Drop Down list
post001_issue.png

I tried connecting the drop down to the second table which contains the list of all possible cities but I got another error, I think I am stuck in a closed loop.

Any suggestions are welcome.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Fill Drop-Down List from Table2 Column and store the selected value in Table1 Column

Hi @WarrenBelz,

The card is using the column City from the first table.

I solved the problem by replacing the default card by a new Drop Down instead of just replacing it from the fields properties.

After that I edited the formulas and it worked for both, displaying all cities from the 2nd Table and storing the selected one in the 1st Table.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: Fill Drop-Down List from Table2 Column and store the selected value in Table1 Column

Hi @KnowledgeSeeker ,

I assume the DataCard of the drop-down is bound to the data field you want to see?

Change the Default of the DropDown to Parent.Default

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi @WarrenBelz,

First of all thank you for your reply.

Actually the Default of the Drop Down is already set to Parent.Default

post001_default value.png

Thank you in advance.

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @KnowledgeSeeker ,

What is the DataSource of the card - it should display that

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi @WarrenBelz,

The card is using the column City from the first table.

I solved the problem by replacing the default card by a new Drop Down instead of just replacing it from the fields properties.

After that I edited the formulas and it worked for both, displaying all cities from the 2nd Table and storing the selected one in the 1st Table.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,792)