cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akharns
Helper V
Helper V

Fill color on selected row in Gallery

I know several have answered this question, but it has not solved my issue.  Maybe it's due to their being old comments.

When I select a row in a gallery, I expect to find a separate setting such as "selected color" that would cause that row to display differently.  All I see to the right in the settings is "color", which applies to all rows.  Some historical discussions have discussed using "Fill" and "Template Fill" properties.  From my experimentation, they do the same thing, with neither actually making the fill color of the selected row different.  I tried using IF logic in the Fill property for the gallery or the top row of the gallery (they appear to use the same value), but it does not see "ThisItem".

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RezaDorrani
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @akharns 

Fill property will not recognize ThisItem

But TemplateFill property of the Gallery will

Please check again

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
RezaDorrani
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @akharns 

use templatefill proprty

example below

If(ThisItem.IsSelected,Red,Blue)

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

I must not be in the same place as you're thinking.  As stated above, If I add a formula to the gallery's Fill or Templatefill property, "this item" is not recognized.

RezaDorrani
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @akharns 

Fill property will not recognize ThisItem

But TemplateFill property of the Gallery will

Please check again

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

View solution in original post

Ok, Templatefill does see ThisItem, but it doesn't work.

Under the TemplateFill property on the gallery, I entered "If (ThisItem.IsSelected,(RGBA(215,213,240,1),RGBA(215, 223, 240, 1))".   There is not color change when I click on a row.  The item selection does work because the data does change in the related form I'm using for detail.

RezaDorrani
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @akharns 

Try

If (ThisItem.IsSelected,RGBA(215,213,240,1),RGBA(215, 223, 240, 1))

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

Perfect.  It was a paren problem then.  Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (73,169)