Did you mean: 
rhamza
Helper V
Helper V

Filling Form Error : Value Must be a data entity record

Hello folks,

I have a 3 table : 

Idea <-- 1: N --> Junction Table Idea_Product <-- N:1 --> Product

I have an Edit form on table Idea, with a datacard saying : Product associated to the Idea which is a  choices pointing to the lookup table in the junction table named : Product_L. I am able to see the product but when I submit the form, I get an error : Value must be a data entity record.

I tried looking on forums, community but can't resolve this...

rhamza_0-1641510860401.png

rhamza_1-1641510868292.png

20 REPLIES 20

Same error.

Try delete the Datacard for it and readd it to see if that resolves the issue 🙂

If you appreciated my comments/responses please be sure to Like/Kudo them it really does make me smile 🙂 !

Just to be clear.

This is a form on Idea and when a user submit an Idea, he has the choices to select a product. 

Example : Idea Subject : Create a OOB software from Sales to Billing

Product selected : Dynamic CE 7 business CEntral

Junction table should look like this : 

IdeaID 1 , Subject Create a OOB software from Sales to Billing, Dynamic CE

IdeaID1,  Subject Create a OOB software from Sales to Billing, Business Central

Now to answer your question, I did it, it doesn't even show me a dropdown / Combo now. 

rhamza_0-1641743013547.png

Thats the problem if this form is refencing Idea you would need a product lookup in the idea table. Should we not be having the form reference the junction table? or is this where we first create an idea? 

If you appreciated my comments/responses please be sure to Like/Kudo them it really does make me smile 🙂 !

This is where we create the Idea first.

rhamza_0-1641745750997.png

So that is the tricky part. 

We have a relationship from Idea to Junction Table and Junction table to Product.

If I create Idea 1:N to product, wouldn't that be like double the efforts since we already have it in the junction table ?

Essentially you would be doubling the efforts which is the problem but you cannot do it within the form without a relationship e.g. lookup as you cannot submit something which does not exist in the table. You could do a Patch hat triggers Onsuccess of the idea creation with the combobox looking like it is in the form but it isn't in the form or you could do a hidden Junction form that triggers Onsuccess of the idea creation. you could do a condition for the onsuccess for either the patch or the form that only triggers if there is a value in the products combobox we create outside of the form?

Do you understand what i mean?

Interesting, ok I'll run some more test tonight and let you know. 

rhamza
Helper V
Helper V

@AJ_Z 

Ok I ran some test, it seems to be working but now how do I link the idea since it's not created yet ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,529)