cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Filling up drop down with choice values from SharePoint column.

Hi All,

I need to create a drop drown filter for a gallery, I was thinking if it is possible to query and fill the drop down  with the choices from the SharePoint column instead of manually putting them there.

I tried List.Column but the app says I am bringing a nested table. Any ideas how to do it?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Filling up drop down with choice values from SharePoint column.

If you want to put choice column on Dropdown:

Choices (Datasource.Column)

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi@rssilvaba,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, do you want to filter a gallery based on a drop down?

Could you please share more about that which column do you want to pull the values from, is it a Choice column?

Considering that you want to query and fill the drop down with the Choice column from your SharePoint list, I think a Combo Box can achieve your needs.

We use Choices([@List].Column) when it comes to quoting the Choice column. A Choice column is a table of records, even if it contains one item, it is still a table instead of a record.

On this premise, I have a test on my side, please take a try as below.

• Add a ComboBox, set the Items property as: 

Choices([@List].Column)​

• Turn the option below “ON”9.png

After then, you can filter the gallery by query or filling in this ComboBox.

Best Regards,

Qi

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi@rssilvaba,

Have you solved your issue?

If it solves your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

Best Regards,

Qi

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi@rssilvaba,

Have seen the issue that you mentioned again. There are several types of choices dropdowns within SharePoint. Except for the Choice column, a Person column can be choice dropdown too.

Do you want to populate a dropdown based on choices from another dropdown?

Generally, we use ComboBox to fill in multiple choices in SharePoint.

Firstly, if the dropdown is a people picked based on selections from a people choice field, you can take a try as below.

Please make sure that you have connected to Office 365 Users connection except for SharePoint within your app.

Within the Edit form, set the DefaultSelectedItems property of the Combo Box control within the Persons Data card as below.

If(
    EditForm1.Mode=FormMode.New,
    {
      Claims: "i:0#.f|membership|" & Lower(LookUp(Office365Users.SearchUser(),DisplayName = DataCardValue2.Selected.Value,Mail)),
      DisplayName: DataCardValue2.Selected.Value,
      Email: LookUp(Office365Users.SearchUser(),DisplayName = DataCardValue2.Selected.Value,Mail),
      Department:"",
      JobTitle:"",
      Picture: ""
    },
    Parent.Default
)

Note: The DataCardValue2 represents Combo Box control within the TEST Data card.

Secondly, if you want to populate ComboBox based on selections from another ComboBox, it will do occur the table issue.

I have a test on my side, please take a try as below.

Set the first ComboBox Items property as below

Choices([@Tep].Choices)

Set the second ComboBox DefaultSelectedItems property as below

Filter(Choices(Tep.Choices), Value in Concat(Filter('Tep',ChoicesT.Value = DataCardValue6.Selected.Value), Choices.Value & ";"))

Best Regards,

Qi

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

August 2020 CYST Challenge

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,149)