cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
enlitzinger
Helper II
Helper II

Filter 2nd gallery by data within 1st gallery

Goal:  Using sharepoint online, I have created Site Level Columns to house master lookup values for 3 different list (submission, project SME's, project approvers).  Ideally, list 1 will be used as a submission list - meaning the user will submit a form that consists of only lookup values from the Site Level Columns....this list becomes Gallery1. 

I would like the app to go to a new screen when a button is clicked (i know how to do that) from the defaulted DetailScreen when editing an app from within the sharepoint list.  On this new screen would like to have Gallery2 (Project SME's list).  Based on the lookup values from List 1 (Submission), I would like Gallery2 to pull in the appropriate data fields related to the same lookup values from List 1 (Submission).  Example, project submission details include: Business line, Inventory, Distribution Channel.  Gallery2 would provide a list of names with experience in related business lines, inventory managers, and distribution channel reps....as determined by the values submitted in List 1.  

The 3rd list will do the same thing as described above, just having different values to represent budget approvers for the applicable List 1 submission values.  

I really wish I could share screen shots but this is am submitting on a work issued laptop and IT will block attachments.  I hope this makes sense.  Can anyone point me in a direction to address this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
eka24
Super User III
Super User III

Follow this post which filter one Gallery based on the other. Two list involved ar e incident and update
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Filter-2nd-Gallery-By-Parent-ID/m-p/53506

If you like this post, give a thumbs up. Where it solved your issue, Mark as a solution

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
eka24
Super User III
Super User III

Follow this post which filter one Gallery based on the other. Two list involved ar e incident and update
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Filter-2nd-Gallery-By-Parent-ID/m-p/53506

If you like this post, give a thumbs up. Where it solved your issue, Mark as a solution

View solution in original post

Thanks @eka24, hadn't come across that post yet.  I think I was spending too much time on my issue and explained it incorrectly...after apply that solution i discovered  I actually need to filter the 2nd gallery by a DetailForm which contains DataCardValues of those Site Level Lookup Column values.  Another wrench to throw in, the submission list is multi-select.

Your solution was utilized successfully for another component within the app, so greatly appreciate it.  

if your issue is resolved, them mark as a solution. Else you can explain the current issue

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (17,337)