cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Filter A Gallery OR Data Table Based On Contents Of A Separate SharePoint List

I am trying to build a quick proof of concept PowerApp to fill a need in our company.

Essentially we will have a small document library which hosts corporate documents which everyone has to read.

I have a workflow built which a user can run against a document within that library which creates a 'confirmation' item in a list, which simply details the document name, the user who triggered the workflow and the timestamp.  Therefore creating a list of who read which company documents and when - Regulatory loves the concept.

I want to take it a step further and move this into it's own standalone PowerApp.

I can easily;

• Display the document library in the PowerApp in a gallery or data table
  • Provide a button to open the document
  • Provide a button to trigger the workflow and record the 'read confirmation'
  • Display a filtered view of the read confirmation list showing which confirmations the logged in user has already 'created'

What I would like to do though for the first bulletpoint is display the document library in the PowerApp and filter out the documents that the logged in user has already created a read confirmation.

In the screenshot attached, (1) is a gallery view of the sample document library, (2) is a data table view of he same document library, (3) is a filter view of the read confirmations list showing which documents I have already read.

My aim is to filter (1) and/or (2) to only show those documents not in (3).

In this visual example only "Generic HR Policies.docx" and "Corporate 2020 Guidelines.pdf" should show.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Re: Filter A Gallery OR Data Table Based On Contents Of A Separate SharePoint List

@BenTalbott 

You can use something along the lines of Not() and 'in' similar to this post https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/quot-Not-in-quot-operator/td-p/59158

Having a crack at your problem, this generalised structure may work:

Filter( yourDocLib, Not( TitleDL in Filter( yourSPList, User = userEmail ).TitleSPL ))

Where

- TitleDL is the column that holds the document name in the Doc Library

- TitleSPL is the column that holds the document name in the SP List

- User is the column reference of the user captured in your SP List

Can help you refine the above if you post more detail but the above may get you unstuck for now?

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,060)