cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Filter Browse Gallery using Date Picker & Filter Gallery

Hi All,

I would like to know if its possible to combine 2 formulas for the browse gallery.

1. Filter Gallery act as a filter for status.

2. Date Picker act as a date filter.

My formula for the Filter Gallery:

If(ThisItem.Title="Active",UpdateContext({type:"Active"}),If(ThisItem.Title="Pending",UpdateContext({type:"Pending"}),If(ThisItem.Title="Acknowledged",UpdateContext({type:"Acknowledged"}),If(ThisItem.Title="Resolved",UpdateContext({type:"Resolved"}),If(ThisItem.Title="Overall Alerts",UpdateContext({type:"Overall Alerts"}))))))

My formula for the Browse Gallery:

If(type="Overall Alerts", 'MS Teams Alerts', If(FilterGallery.Selected.TextBox1.Text="Active",Filter('MS Teams Alerts',type in Status),If(FilterGallery.Selected.TextBox1.Text="Pending",Filter('MS Teams Alerts',type in 'Admin Status'),If(FilterGallery.Selected.TextBox1.Text="Acknowledged",Filter('MS Teams Alerts',type in 'Admin Status'),If(FilterGallery.Selected.TextBox1.Text="Resolved",Filter('MS Teams Alerts',type in Status))))))

I would like to include this formula: 

Filter('MS Teams Alerts',Text('Date Received', "[$-en-US]mm-dd-yyyy")=Text(DatePicker1.SelectedDate, "[$-en-US]mm-dd-yyyy"))

For me to see my data per date and per status. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Filter Browse Gallery using Date Picker & Filter Gallery

Hi @heydamianards ,

I found that you have posted same thread in current forum already, please check my response within the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Governance-and/Filter-Browse-Gallery-using-Date-Picke...

If you have solved your problem, please consider go ahead to click "Accept as Solution" to identify this thread has been solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@heydamianards 

I'm not entirely sure why all the context variables in your formulas, but you can get rid of them and try changing your formula for the Browse Gallery to the following:

Filter(
    'MS Teams Alerts', 
    FilterGallery.Selected.Title in Status 
    && 'Date Received' = DatePicker1.SelectedDate
    )

If your 'Date Received' contains time information, then you can utilize either the Text function that you had, or the Date function to compare date to date.  Something like this:

Filter(
    'MS Teams Alerts', 
    && Date(Year('Date Received'), Month('Date Received'), Day('Date Received) = DatePicker1.SelectedDate
    )

-or-

Filter(
    'MS Teams Alerts', 
    && Text('Date Received', ShortDate) = Text(DatePicker1.SelectedDate, ShortDate)
    )

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @heydamianards ,

I found that you have posted same thread in current forum already, please check my response within the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Governance-and/Filter-Browse-Gallery-using-Date-Picke...

If you have solved your problem, please consider go ahead to click "Accept as Solution" to identify this thread has been solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Announcing

Class of 2020- Season 2

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,108)