Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Filter Calculated Column on SP List

hi,

there is new column "MonthYear" which is calculated from column "Check-In DateTime". The issue is PowerApps doesn't filter column "MonthYear". Here is formula in MonthYear column: Text([Check-In DateTime],"mmyyyy")

Example: Check-In DateTime = 09/01/2019 07:00 AM, MonthYear is calculated=092019

Formula in PowerApps:

ClearCollect(Database, Filter(tbl_CheckPoint_Data, MonthYear = "092019"))

please help

Thanks,

Ratana

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Re: Filter Calculated Column on SP List

Hi @ratanapouy 

I carried out a test on my side and I am able to filter the results properly, where is this formula placed? To collect a collection, you need to trigger the request to datasource. You can use a button for that. Please share more details about the datasource and the number of items in the list. This might be a delegation issue.

Please update a setting if not already:
App Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Data Row Limit for Non-Delegable Queries -> 2000.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ratanapouy ,

Can you share more details with the error information? Which is the output format of MonthYear column? How many items does the data source have? Is there any delegation warning?

I have made a test on my side, and don’t have any error with filtering. In my test, tankdetail is a SP list with calculated text column “t”, then I put  formula on button’s Onselect property , and It works fine.

Please make sure that your MonthYear Column and "092019" are all the same type, only the same type value can evaluate in your formula Maybe more information can be helpful to sort out this issues.Annotation 2019-09-03 172341.png

Best regards,

Sik

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

i am trying to retrieve directly from SP list.

here is these columns:

MY.png

MYCal.png

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @ratanapouy 

Can you try to update the expression as:
ClearCollect(Database, Filter(tbl_CheckPoint_Data, MonthYear = "92019"))

I do not see a zero at the beginning of the data stored in your entity. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

There is no record in collection.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,752)