cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mickala
Frequent Visitor

Filter Choices based on value of another field

I've tried a number of solutions I have found on this site, but so far, nothing is working - or I'm not doing it right.  I'm trying to filter the choices my Matter Type field, based on the value of my Office field (that is auto-filled based on the select of yet a different field).  Here is how I have the data set up - 

The form is being used to create a new matter in Sharepoint, so I'm pulling most of the fields from my Matter List.

The Default Office field is auto populated based on the selection in the Approver field. This data is being pulled from my Approver List with the formula: LookUp(Approvers,ID=Value(Value_Approver.Selected.Id),'Default Office').

I want the Matter Type field choices to be limited based on the Default Office field value (named Value_DefaultOffice). Matter types are being pulled from my MatterType List, (column name=Title) where the common value is Office. For Example

OfficeTitle
Human ResourcesProjects
Human ResourcesLegal Matter
LitigationEmployment Litigation
LitigationTort Litigation

Hopefully that all makes sense.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Mickala ,

You might try it "all in one"

With(
   {
      wOffice:
      LookUp(
         Approvers,
         ID=Value(Value_Approver.Selected.Id)
      ).'Default Office'
   },
   Filter(
      'Matter List',
      Value_DefaultOffice=wOffice
   ).Title
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
LRVinNC
Super User
Super User

It will depend on the data types of your columns. If I am reading the above correctly, Value_DefaultOffice is the column name of the office for the currently logged on user. If all are text columns, this (or something close) should work to return the list of valid matters for the selected office:  Filter('MatterType List', Office = Value_DefaultOffice).Title.

LRVinNC

------------------
Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Mickala ,

You might try it "all in one"

With(
   {
      wOffice:
      LookUp(
         Approvers,
         ID=Value(Value_Approver.Selected.Id)
      ).'Default Office'
   },
   Filter(
      'Matter List',
      Value_DefaultOffice=wOffice
   ).Title
)

View solution in original post

Hi @Mickala ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza Winner Announcement

Please join us on Wednesday, July 21st at 8a PDT. We will be announcing the Winners of the Demo Extravaganza!

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,845)