cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kitt526
Level: Power Up

Filter Choices for Combo Box based on another Combo Box choice

I have connected a Sharepoint list and I am using a form to edit that list. I would like to filter or in some way modify the values shown in one combo Box based on the selection the the first combo box. After i've done that i'd like to do the same thing with a third one but filter based on the second selection. 

I'll be doing this for plants with different lines that each of the lines have differnt areas. So the first box would be plant selection, second would be line selection and third would be area selection

Plant 1-> Line1, Line2

Plant 2-> Line 3, Line 4

Plant 3-> Line 5, Line 6

Line1-> Area 1, Area 2

Line2-> Area 3, Area 4

and so on and so on

Please help I really can't firgure this one out. I used to do this in Access super easily with a reference table but i'm not sure if that is still possible with this. 

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Microsoft dinusc
Microsoft

Re: Filter Choices for Combo Box based on another Combo Box choice

I don't think you need Edit form. You could bind each of the comboboxes to respective lists directly and then craft the search formulas on each of them based on the selected item from the previous combobox in the chain. There's also a great article on how to optimize the performance for cases when multiple controls are bound to lists: https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/performance-considerations-with-powerapps/

I hope that helps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,351)