Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdedic
Helper I
Helper I

Filter Choices

Hi,

is there a way to filter Choice column (in Dataverse table) to not show one specific value from the dropdown list? This would only happen if a user didn't create a record in the previous step? Currently, the user can select any stage, but I want to disallow selection of 'Closed - Won' stage.

Screenshot:

sdedic_0-1649320606525.png

This data card Items property is set to Choices(Stage), where Stage is choice column in Dataverse table.

Any advice is more than welcome.

Ty.

Best

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sdedic,

What do you mean by a user didn't create a record in the previous step?

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

If you want to filter choice values when a user has no created records in your data source, please try to set the Items property as  below:

If(IsBlank(LookUp(Table,'Created By'.'Full Name'=User().FullName)),Filter(Choices(Stage),!(Value=Stage.'Closed - Won')),Choices(Stage))

Best Regards,
Qi

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sdedic,

What do you mean by a user didn't create a record in the previous step?

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

If you want to filter choice values when a user has no created records in your data source, please try to set the Items property as  below:

If(IsBlank(LookUp(Table,'Created By'.'Full Name'=User().FullName)),Filter(Choices(Stage),!(Value=Stage.'Closed - Won')),Choices(Stage))

Best Regards,
Qi

Hi @v-qiaqi-msft,

First of all thank you for your reply and help.

So, in this application user fills in the form and creates a record called 'opportunity' (what I meant by previous step). Once the 'opportunity' is created, the app automatically creates another record called 'project request' and binds/relates it to the 'opportunity'.

Now, during that initial creation of 'opportunity' and 'project request' I don't want to allow users to have all stages in the 'Stage' field, as it doesn't make sense to select 'Closed - Won' stage since the opportunity/project hasn't started or been created yet. However, once this record is created, users have an option to edit the record, thus change the stage and close the 'opportunity'. Only at that point I want stage 'Closed -Won' to appear in the dropdown menu of the 'Stage' field.

Hope this makes things more clear.

Once again thank you for your help and time.

Best

Hi again @v-qiaqi-msft,

the formula you provided above is working. All I needed to do is changing the condition to see if that particular project exists.

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (3,245)