Resolver III

Filter Combo Box Items

I have two SharePoint lists:

ListColumnType
Tax CodesCountry/RegionLookup
Name/ValueValue TypeChoice
Name/ValueKeyText
Name/ValueValueText

The Tax Codes-Country/Region column is a Lookup to the Name/Value list.  This list has various entries used for lookups to other lists. SharePoint allows the selection of the list for the lookup but not specify a filter. Not a problem, I am building a custom Power App to handle data entry into the Tax Codes list.

Here's my problem.  For the Country/Region column I am trying to change the Items property from the default of:

Choices([@'Tax Codes'].Country_x002f_Region)

to the following:

Filter( 'Name/Value', 'Value Type'.Value = "Country/Region" )

The Value Type column is a Choice column so it should understand the '.Value' property, but I am getting a 'Name isn't valid' error for the '.Value'. What am I doing wrong?  I have done this hundreds of times before with no issues. Why is this a problem now?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sperry1625
Resolver III
Resolver III

I figured this out.  In the Name/Value table, I renamed the 'Title' column to 'Value'.  It seems that Power Apps doesn't like that.  Changed the name back to 'Title' and the error went away and all is well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
sperry1625
Resolver III
Resolver III

I figured this out.  In the Name/Value table, I renamed the 'Title' column to 'Value'.  It seems that Power Apps doesn't like that.  Changed the name back to 'Title' and the error went away and all is well.

View solution in original post

alrez
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

Thanks for your follow up! I am glad that you were able to get this issue figured out. Hopefully this will prove useful for future communities users.

Regards,

Alex

-------

Community Support Team _ Alex Rezac
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,646)