cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bfujioka
Frequent Visitor

Filter Combo Box Value by Another Combo Box Selection For Dataverse Table with Look Up Column

I have multiple Combo Boxes. Each Combo Box has the table, “AB_Company”, as its Datasource. The first Combo Box has the distinct names for the companies in the drop down for the Combo Box with “Company” as the datatables sourced column. The formula in items property for the first combo box reads as follows: Distinct(Filter(AB_Companies.Company,Company),Company).

AB_Company has one column, “Approver”, with LookUp, the “User” Data table, as its datatype. I want the second Combo Box to filter and only display names from the Approver column. I’ve tried several methods. “Filter([@Users].'Full Name', Value in Filter(AB_Companies, Company = Dropdown3.SelectedText.Value).Approver)” doesn’t work (There’s an error in Value). I’ve tried Distinct(Filter(AB_Companies, Company=ComboBox1.Selected.Result), Approver), but the filtered results in the ComboBox are all blank. I also would ideally like to not use Sharepoints or galleries and just rely on the Dataverse tables.

These are what the AB_Company and User Datatables and their relevant columns look like.

 Company:

Company Table.PNG

User:

User.PNG

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bfujioka ,

I did a test for you.

vxiaochenmsft_2-1661239928569.png

vxiaochenmsft_3-1661239946696.png

vxiaochenmsft_4-1661239974955.png

vxiaochenmsft_5-1661240004573.png

vxiaochenmsft_6-1661240027699.png

Best Regards,

Wearsky

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bfujioka ,

I did a test for you.

vxiaochenmsft_2-1661239928569.png

vxiaochenmsft_3-1661239946696.png

vxiaochenmsft_4-1661239974955.png

vxiaochenmsft_5-1661240004573.png

vxiaochenmsft_6-1661240027699.png

Best Regards,

Wearsky

bfujioka
Frequent Visitor

@v-xiaochen-msft . Thank-you! This delivered my necessary/expected results. My only issue is that it's also returning the blank and/or empty values from the rows in the field. This can (likely) be resolved once I input the data. You wouldn't happen to know of any methods for removing blank/empty values from the drop downs, would you?

v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bfujioka ,

Please try to add a filter on the formula.

Filter(ForAll(...),!IsBlank(<column name>))

vxiaochenmsft_0-1661390993845.png

Best Regards,

Wearsky

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Government Carousel

New forum: GCC, GCCH, DoD - Federal App Makers (FAM)

In response to the unique and evolving requirements of the United States public sector, Microsoft has created Power Apps US Government.

Users online (1,854)