cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bposa217
Regular Visitor

Filter Combo Box Value by another combo box selection

Hello,

As the title suggests, I am trying to filter/narrow down the values in one combo box ("Package Name") based upon the selection made in a previous combo box ("Client Name").  The data is coming from an imported table ("Table1") with two columns: "Client" & "Package."

When a client is selected in the "Client Name" combo box, I only want the "Package" items available in the 2nd combo box drop-down related to that client based upon the data included on the table.

There are some client names that exist once on the Table, and others that are listed multiple times.  I already have the Distinct formula set on the "Client Name" combo box, so that's all set.

How do I filter the values in the 2nd combo box based upon what has already been selected in the 1st?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @bposa217 

Can you try to set the configuration of the controls as:

Combobox 1: Items -> Distinct(Table1,Client)

Combobox2: Items -> Filter(Table1, Client = Combobox1.Selected.Result).Package

Here, Table1 is the name of datasource with columns Package and Client. Combobox1 is the name of control for selecting the client.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @bposa217 

Can you try to set the configuration of the controls as:

Combobox 1: Items -> Distinct(Table1,Client)

Combobox2: Items -> Filter(Table1, Client = Combobox1.Selected.Result).Package

Here, Table1 is the name of datasource with columns Package and Client. Combobox1 is the name of control for selecting the client.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,124)