cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter Combo box items based on another multi select Combo box item.

Team,

We have some challenges in power Apps form to filter the items based on the selection we make in combo box.

To elaborate,

We have Main List(A) and child List (B).

1) In child list(B) we have 3 Fields like Products, Product-group and ID field.
2) In Main List(A). We have 3 fields like SelectedProduct and SelectedProductGroup.

Now, we have designed powerapps form in Main list(A). So in Main List(A)- we have created two combo boxes (combobox1 & combobox2 ) to pull the values from child list(B).

combobox1 will pull the values from child list(B) Products field.
combobox2 will pull the vlaues from child list(B) Productgroup field.

The challenge here is when we select multiple items in combobox1 the combobox2 will filter the last selection made in combobox1. It is not getting appended with existing values.

Can you please help us on this.

Thanks,
Dhana

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Dear All,

I have found the solution by appliying this below formula on combobox2. This is actually filtering the values from the sharepoint list field(single line text).

combobox2 will pull productgroup field values which are matched to product we select in combobox1.

remember both product and productgroup are single line text field in childlist(B)

combobox2 items property should be like items-->Filter(chillistB, 'Product' in ComboBox1.SelectedItems.'Product').

Thanks for the support.

Dhana

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User II
Super User II

What is the Items property of your combobox 2? 

You may want to try something like this: 

Filter(ListB, Product in combobox1.SelectedItems)

If you share the Items property of both of your combo boxes, I can give you the exact formula. 

Let me know if this helps. 

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos (Thumbs Up). And if this solves your problem, please mark this reply as a solution by selecting Accept as Solution. This makes it easier for others to find answers to similar questions. 

Thanks!

Hardit Bhatia

Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | YouTube  |  Email

Hi,

In Main List(A) we have both the comboboxes (combobox1 & combobox2).

Both Combobox 1 and combobox2 will pull the values from childlist(B).

i.e, Combobox1 will pull the values from childlist(B) Products field. we have items property has set like  items --> Childlist(B).

In Combobox2 I will pull the values from childblist(B) product-group field. But when I set the items property i am not able to retrieve any items. I kept the items property formula is items --> Filter(chidlist(B), products in ComboBox1.SelectedItems)

Any other options will be grateful. thanks in advance.

Dhana

Dear All,

I have found the solution by appliying this below formula on combobox2. This is actually filtering the values from the sharepoint list field(single line text).

combobox2 will pull productgroup field values which are matched to product we select in combobox1.

remember both product and productgroup are single line text field in childlist(B)

combobox2 items property should be like items-->Filter(chillistB, 'Product' in ComboBox1.SelectedItems.'Product').

Thanks for the support.

Dhana

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,290)