cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamesbbrown
Frequent Visitor

Filter Contains Combobox in Form by gblUser

Hi,

I have a form which has a combobox to select a Trainee ['0.2.1. Personal Title_DataCard2_1'].

I would like to filter the results in this combobox to only display trainees that have the same 3 letters as the person logged in. I already have a gblUser collection and the Title column contains the 3 letter code.

I have attached an example of what I'm looking to achieve.

@WarrenBelz @RezaDorrani @Kris  Feel like this may be something you can assist with based on previous posts/replies?

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @jamesbbrown,

Could you please tell me that how you define this 3 letter, is there a specific position for it in an word, tell me how you find its position?

Do you want to filter dropdown list based on the 3 letters from the login user?

Actually, firstly you should tell me how you set the Items property of the Combo Box and then I could know how you filter based on its Items formula.

In addition, you should find out the index of the 3 letters, otherwise we could not filter it from the dropdown list.

Best Regards,
Qi
jamesbbrown
Frequent Visitor

Qi,

Thanks for the response.

The first 3 letters are within each users 'Office Location' within 365. The first 3 letters defines the users location, whereas the rest of the information is role specific.

As an example, my 'Office Location' is "SWK-78Sqn-ATCO30"

The Items property of the Combo Box is set to look at a Look-up column in SharePoint. It is not a PERSON PICKER column because I couldn't get the look-up column to automatically populate correctly.

Can you confirm what you mean by the index of the 3 letters? 

Regards,

James

Helpful resources

Announcements
Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

<
Users online (2,414)