cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper V
Helper V

Filter DataTable based on DataField

Hey all,

I have created a choice type column in my sharepoint list ans the same has been fetched into my powerapp (it shows as combo box),now below that,on the same screen i am displaying a datatable which i would like to filter based on the selection made by the user in the combo box.

For example,if an user selects "ABC department" from combobox ,the data table should only show rows which has "ABC department" in its Department column.

Please help me.

Note : I have tried this formla ,but its not working : 

Filter(NSPM,NSPM.Department = DataCardValue5.Selected.Value)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi, Sorry my bad, to filter a SharePoint Choices column here is the formula : Filter(NSPM, Department.Value=Combobox.Selected.Value) This is just assuming the items in your combobox have a column name value containing the text you want to compare with your choices in SharePoint. If it doesn't work, please provide us the Items property of the dropdown so we can identify how the formula should be written. Théo

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi,
You don't have to specify the table name in the filter condition. The property is enough. So if your NSPM list has a column Department, this formula should work :

Filter(NSPM,Department = DataCardValue5.Selected.Value)

You just have to make sure the options in the combobox are equal to what is stored in the Department column.

Théo

Thnx,I tried this also but still not working

Hi, Sorry my bad, to filter a SharePoint Choices column here is the formula : Filter(NSPM, Department.Value=Combobox.Selected.Value) This is just assuming the items in your combobox have a column name value containing the text you want to compare with your choices in SharePoint. If it doesn't work, please provide us the Items property of the dropdown so we can identify how the formula should be written. Théo

View solution in original post

Thanks ! That Just worked  😄

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (70,000)