cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akashsaraswat19
Frequent Visitor

Filter Display Form from common Dropdown List from another List

Hello,

I have two SharePoint List (List 1 and List 2), which have two common Columns Category and Region. 

I have created a Gallery with data from List 1 and the Gallery is filtered based on the Dropdowns which comes from List 1 columns Category and Region.

On this same Screen, I added a Display form, which is connected to List 2. And only Attachments are to be displayed and downloaded from List 2 in this Display form. The attachments are to be filtered based on the Category and Region Dropdwons which comes from List 1 but I have the same columns in List 2 as well. 

What should the Items property of Attachmenst (display form) to get the data from List 2.

I used Filter(List2,Category.Value = ProductCategoryDDN.Selected.Value && Region.Value=RegionDDN.SelectedText.Value)

But the attachments are not displayed, only document symbol is seen instead of "There is nothing attached." when the dropdowns are selected.

Looking forward for your support and many thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Akash.

3 REPLIES 3
rimatos
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @akashsaraswat19 ,

Could you show us a screenshot of what you are visualizing on your end?

I attempted to reproduce a similar app as you've described in the thread description. In the example shown bellow I have a gallery that displays the list content, including the attachments. Then I have a Display Form that shows me the Attachment referent to the  item that is selected in the Gallery.

image.png

To make this work you just need to make sure that the Item field from the Form is pointing to the Selected item. In my case the Expression was simply to use "Gallery3.Selected"

Let me know if this helped in any way!

Regards,

Ricardo

Hi Ricardo,

I have similar thing in my PowerAPP. I have a gallery, which then navigates to Display Form when an item is selected from it. 

What I want to achieve is, above this gallery add a Display form with only attachments field visible and this Display form is connected to different SharePoint List. 

But the Gallery and this Display Form (only with Attachments) have common columns in it which can be selected from DropDown.

Capture2.PNG

Hi @akashsaraswat19 ,

In my power app the function that I used to collect the attachments from the list was the following:

image.png

When you filter you get a table of results, so you need to select which of them you would like to retrieve. I filtered in my list "attachment list" for the record with the Title "overtime".

If you insert the filter function into a collection you will see that it will return you a table instead of a row, hence the need of the First function:

rimatos_0-1599146276761.png

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Ricardo

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,873)