cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Suresh1409
Level: Powered On

Filter Drop down B items according to the lookup selected item A in a New Form mode

Hello Microsoft/PowerApps Team, 

Will give you the scenario first before getting into my problem.

I have 3 lists in sharepoint. 2 of them are master lists for Country and Company. The 3rd list if the Data entry for users.

Data Entry list has a lookup to Country list for the country items.

Company list has a lookup to Country list of the items.

Issue : I am having a new form mode/Edit Form which has 2 drop downs. One of them is Country and the other one is Company. I am trying to get only the company items specific to the selected country. I have tried several ways like Lookup, Filter etc but couldnt succeed. I need your help desperately. 

Thank you 

Suresh

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Filter Drop down B items according to the lookup selected item A in a New Form mode

Hi @Suresh1409,

My understanding is that you want to show the 2 lookup columns in the form. But it seems that these 2 lookup columns are in the different lists. Please understand that each Form can only be connected to one data source. That is to say, you cannot put both lookup columns in one Form. 

I assume that you acutually are trying to manage records only in the Data Entry list. Here are my lists:

1.pngCapture.PNG

1. Create the auto-generated app using Data Entry list, and then add a new connection of Company list.

2. In EditScreen, insert a Dropdown control(outside the Form). Set its Items property to:

Choices(Company.LookupCountry)

3. Insert another dropdown control(outside the Form), and set its Items property to:

Filter(Company,LookupCountry.Value=Dropdown1.Selected.Value).Company1

4. Select the data card(not the dropdown control) inside the Form for LookupCompany column, set its Default property to:

Dropdown2.Selected

There you go.

Capture.PNG

Of course you can set the Visible property of the LookupCompany data card to false, to make it less confusing for user.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Suresh1409

Re: Filter Drop down B items according to the lookup selected item A in a New Form mode

Hi Mona, Please find the below error after trying out the solution you have provided
Suresh1409

Hi Mona,

I have read your solution and i think you didnt understand some part of it.

Let me rephrase it to bring in more clarity. I have changed my idea here after reading your message. 

I am using SPL , Flow and PowerApps here. There are 3 SPL's. 

1. Main List for Data/Report with a several columns like Type of Report, Date, Time, Country, Company, Location etc.,

2. Master List for Company 

a. Master List for Company has a lookup column to Master List of Country only for the Country Name 

b. Master List for Company has other columns as Company Name and Responsible person

3. Master List for Country 

My Requirement :

I have developed the App as attached. Please check and advise 

I need PowerApps to show only Company names which belongs to Country which is selected by the user.

After choosing the country and company, I have a save button which sends the whole filled in form to Main List for Report and saves as an entry.

In the above scenario, how can i avoid defining 2 SharePoint List in the same form?

Regards

Suresh 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,150)