Frequent Visitor

Filter DropDown from 2 SharePoint Sources

I have 2 SharePoint Lists

Tbl-medicin (id, Medicin)

Tbl-Lager (Id, Borger, Medicin)

dropdown-2shplists-1.JPGdropdown-2shplists-2.JPG

I would like to use 2 dropdowns

DropDown1.borger from Lager Distinct

and in DropDown2 match medicin from tbl-lager with tbl-medicin and display the medicin that is not in tbl-lager for that borger i selected in dropdown1

I have created this Distinct(Filter so far

Distinct(Filter('Tbl-Lager', borger = Dropdown2_2.Selected.borger),Medicin)

dropdown-2shplists.JPG

However how do i match that value of medicin in Tbl-Medicin ??

Please Help

Sorry i 'm new to PowerApps

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
adedapo
Helper I
Helper I

Hi

Try this in the second dropdown.

Filter('Tbl-Medicin',Not(Medicin in Distinct(Filter('Tbl-Lager', borger = Dropdown2_2.Selected.borger),Medicin)))

Note that the Not() formula is used for negation and not the '!' operator in most languages.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Mikroman ,

Have you considered putting the Borger field in the Medicin List - it would make the task much easier.

Hi 

Yes it would, but that is not possible as the list will be used as selecting base, for medicin and then attacheded to borger in the other list.

@Mikroman ,

This sort of goes in a circle - before I attempt any code, what are the Items of dropdown1?

DropDown1.borger from Lager Distinct

will be Borger

And in dropdown 2 will be medicin from tbl-lager where borger is match...  but the dropdown must display which medicin from medicinlist there is not in the tbl-lager list for that borger, selected in dropdown1 and is my problem, how do i do that combination/compare between 2 lists in a dropdown

@Mikroman ,

I need the actual Items code.

Here is my orginale item code

Distinct(Filter('Tbl-Lager', CPRNR = Dropdown2_2.Selected.CPRNR),Medicin)

And this is the code... i need to get match to medicin in medicinlist 

Thanks

@Mikroman ,

I need the Items of Dropdown2_2 - you have already supplied this one.

Mikroman
Frequent Visitor

Filter('Tbl-Medicin', !(Medicin exactin 'Tbl-Lager'.'Medicin' && cprnr = Dropdown2_2.Selected.CPRNR))

Mikroman
Frequent Visitor

Hi

This here gives me the difference between the 2 SharePointLists in Colum Medicin

Filter('Tbl-Medicin', !(Medicin exactin 'Tbl-Lager'.'Medicin'))

I need to see how i can add this here && borger = Dropdown2_2.Selected.Result into that filter.. So it also will match the borger in the Tbl-Lager, that will give the diffence between Tbl-Medicin and Tbl-Lager for that borger in Colum Medicin which exactly what i Need.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,400)